(NEXSTAR) – After you obtain a dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, you obtain a vaccination card that information the kind of vaccine and the date of the shot. However what occurs in the event you lose the cardboard?
For one, the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention suggest taking a photograph of either side of the cardboard, in case you lose it. However in the event you forgot to take action, right here’s what the CDC says you are able to do:
- Contact your vaccination supplier on to entry your vaccination document.
- Should you can’t attain the vaccination supplier, contact your state well being division’s immunization info system. You will discover state IIS information right here.
- Should you enrolled in v-safe or VaxText, you possibly can entry your vaccination info by means of these instruments.
- When you have made each effort to obtain a replica of your vaccination card and nonetheless want a second shot, speak to a vaccination supplier.
Once you do obtain your vaccination card, don’t publish a selfie, watchdog teams say.
In accordance with the Higher Enterprise Bureau, posting your vaccination card on social media could make you the sufferer of id theft and “may also help scammers create phony variations.”
“Your card has your full identify and birthday on it, in addition to details about the place you bought your vaccine. In case your social media privateness settings aren’t set excessive, it’s possible you’ll be giving invaluable info away for anybody to make use of,” the group warns.
The Federal Commerce Fee echoed the bureau, likewise warning of the specter of id theft when posting a photograph of your card.
That’s not the one drawback at play, nevertheless. In accordance with the bureau, scammers in Nice Britain have been caught promoting faux vaccination playing cards on eBay and TikTok, and “it’s solely a matter of time earlier than comparable cons come to the US.”
Posting pictures of the playing cards helps present scammers with info they’ll use to create phony playing cards, BBB mentioned.
BBB recommends the next actions to maintain your self secure:
- Share your vaccine sticker or use a profile body on Fb.
- Evaluate your safety settings on social media to double verify whom your sharing your posts with.
- “Suppose twice earlier than collaborating in different viral private posts,” the bureau mentioned, together with people who show what sort of vehicles you’ve owned, your favourite songs and your favourite TV reveals. These “favourite issues” are generally used for passwords and safety questions.