Up to date:
ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Albany fuel costs have risen 3.9 cents per gallon previously week, averaging $3.01/g Monday, in keeping with GasBuddy’s day by day survey of 546 stations in Albany. Gasoline costs in Albany are 16.1 cents per gallon increased than a month in the past and stand 90.8 cents per gallon increased than a 12 months in the past.
Based on GasBuddy value stories, the most cost effective station in Albany is priced at $2.82/g Monday whereas the costliest is $3.19/g, a distinction of 37.0 cents per gallon. The bottom value within the state Monday is $2.79/g whereas the best is $3.79/g, a distinction of 100.0 cents per gallon.
The nationwide common value of gasoline has reportedly risen 6.4 cents per gallon within the final week, averaging $3.03/g Monday. The nationwide common is up 16.8 cents per gallon from a month in the past and stands $1.17/g increased than a 12 months in the past.
Historic gasoline costs in Albany and the nationwide common going again ten years:
- Could 17, 2020: $2.10/g (U.S. Common: $1.86/g)
- Could 17, 2019: $2.80/g (U.S. Common: $2.86/g)
- Could 17, 2018: $2.93/g (U.S. Common: $2.91/g)
- Could 17, 2017: $2.42/g (U.S. Common: $2.33/g)
- Could 17, 2016: $2.29/g (U.S. Common: $2.22/g)
- Could 17, 2015: $2.73/g (U.S. Common: $2.71/g)
- Could 17, 2014: $3.79/g (U.S. Common: $3.65/g)
- Could 17, 2013: $3.60/g (U.S. Common: $3.62/g)
- Could 17, 2012: $3.88/g (U.S. Common: $3.72/g)
- Could 17, 2011: $4.04/g (U.S. Common: $3.94/g)
Neighboring areas and their present fuel costs:
- Waterbury- $2.96/g, up 2.6 cents per gallon from final week’s $2.94/g.
- Hartford- $3.00/g, up 5.0 cents per gallon from final week’s $2.95/g.
- Springfield- $2.84/g, up 4.9 cents per gallon from final week’s $2.79/g.
“The nationwide common fuel value surged final week due to huge value jumps in Southeastern states as a result of beforehand shut down Colonial Pipeline, however most areas exterior that area noticed smaller fluctuations,” stated Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum evaluation for GasBuddy.
“With the pipeline now again in service, I count on costs to come back down within the hardest hit states, particularly the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida and Virginia. The drops ought to lead the nationwide common to quickly fall again underneath the $3 per gallon mark, however motorists shouldn’t get too excited- costs might begin to head increased in a number of weeks ought to Memorial Day gasoline demand be purple scorching. As well as, motorists within the affected areas ought to see outage numbers proceed to say no this week, particularly early within the week when gasoline demand tends to be lowest. I’m optimistic that there will likely be sufficient restoration by Memorial Day for motorists in these states to replenish with out having to seek for gasoline,” continued De Haan.